Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
Downtown Plymouth House Fire
Posted On: May 29, 2012


Cigarette blamed for downtown Plymouth house fire

By Rich Harbert
Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 01:19 PM
Print Comment  


Firefighters said the careless disposal of a cigarette started the fire that damaged a house in downtown Plymouth Tuesday night.

Fire Chief Ed Bradley said the fire at 34 Summer St. started on a second floor rear balcony shortly before 10 p.m. after someone put a smoldering cigarette in a plastic pail.

The resulting fire spread to the deck and exterior shingles of the four-unit apartment house, which overlooks Town Brook across from the John Carver Inn.

Bradley said residents were alerted by an interior smoke detector and were already trying to douse the flames with a garden house and an extinguisher when firefighters arrived.

No injuries were reported. Damages were estimated at $20,000

Read more: Cigarette blamed for downtown Plymouth house fire - Plymouth, MA - Wicked Local Plymouth

Member Login


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?
  Module Title Here  
To add an event to the calendar, please fill out the following form.
Upcoming Events
Group 3
Jul 19, 2019
Group 1
Jul 20, 2019
Group 4
Jul 21, 2019
Group 2
Jul 22, 2019
Group 1
Jul 23, 2019
Important Links
Plymouth Retirement Site
Plymouth Fire Hockey Team
MA Civil Service
ICMA Retirement
National Fire Protection Association
Retired Prefessional Fire Fighters Cancer Fund, Inc.
Duxbury Fire Fighters
Action Center
Your Elected Political Officials
Find your Federal, State and Local Officials. Write to them and tell them how they're doing.
Dept of Fire Services
MA Dept of Fire Services site has great information on fire safety and other related issues.
Plymouth Fire Local 1768
Copyright © 2019, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image